• January 4, 2012 at 11:10 pm

Korean Superstars from Leonia High School

Photo Credit: Courtesy of MNET

Denny Do and Lim Kim Perform on Superstar K3

Jenny Kwon, Student Life Writer
October 28, 2011
Filed under Student Life

Denny Do and Lim Kim, Leonia High School students, auditioned for Superstar K 3 during the summer of 2011 in New York. Superstar K 3 is a Korean singing contest that is similar to American Idol. Their group name is 2 Gaewhul (2 Months) because they practiced and got to know each other for 2 months before the Superstar K3 audition. Now, they are in Korea in top four with two other competitors!

The judges from the Superstar K3 have complimented their voices and talents. “I think Lim had the most unique voice throughout the New York Superstar K3 audition,” said judge Jong Shin Yoon. Moreover, another judge, Seung Chul Lee, commended Denny and said that his voice is also great and a nice complement to Lim’s voice. Many people, judges and fans alike, are interested in their voices and performances.

When they went Korea, they went through intense training, which has paid off because they are now in the top four. They are the only duet group. Denny and Lim are in second place in the online voting, and they have the most popularity among people between the ages of 10 to 20. “Personally, I think Denny and Lim have the most attractive voices in the Superstar K3. I can’t wait to see them during Friday’s live performance,” said fans in Korea.

They have sang different genres of pop and k-pop throughout the auditions and training. “Denny and Lim adapt to every performance and mission,” said a judge. In addition, fans around the world support them by voting online and making Facebook pages dedicated to them. The videos of Denny and Lim on YouTube are viewed more than 100,000 times. Since Superstar K 3 competitors perform every Friday, many fans expect to see their performances on YouTube that day or soon after.

The entire Leonia High School community wishes Denny and Lim luck. And no matter what, they are Leonia idols in our eyes.

Comments

2 Responses to “Korean Superstars from Leonia High School”

1. Jessica Perez on November 4th, 2011 9:54 am

I’m so jealous of Denny Do! I wish I had a good voice to be featured on a show! Plus he now has a car and a trip to Australia because of how far he has made it! I wish both Denny and Lim the best of luck!

[Reply]

2. Korean LimYeongBin on November 13th, 2011 1:01 am

nice~! they are hero of korean pop !

[Reply]

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!